If anything, this is a child’s delight anytime, anyday but the adults understand the sentiments, too…
- Plantains, 2 large pieces
- Vegetable Oil, 2 cooking spoons
- Salt to taste
- Wash Plantain
- Remove plantain skin and cut plantains into slanting, thin slices.
- Add salt sparingly and mix well with the pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan (ensure that oil is not too hot to prevent burning your plantains).
- Set the plantain slices in the pan and begin to fry.
- Turn the pieces from side to side until both sides are a deep brown (as desired).
- Collect fried pieces in a colander.
- Your dodo is ready to serve! Enjoy as a main dish alone or with fried egg and as a side dish with any rice or beans recipe.