Delightful chicken treat…any day!
- Chicken, 1 kg
- Vegetable Oil, 4 cooking spoons
- Seasoning, 2 cubes
- Thyme, 1 tablespoon
- Onion, 1 medium bulb
- Pepper (optional), 2 – 4 pieces of chili pepper or dry pepper
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the chicken cuts and place in a pot.
- Add diced onions, pepper (if desired), thyme, and stock cubes and allow to cook for about 10 to 15 minutes. Natural fluids from the chicken should be enough to cook the meat. However, you may add just enough water to ensure it cooks properly.
- Check to ensure the flesh is cooked and tender and add salt sparingly. Cover the pot and allow to cook over low heat for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken cuts, drain off any excess fluids.
- Heat four cooking spoons of vegetable oil in a frying pan. Ensure the heat is not too high to prevent burning the meat.
- Set the chicken pieces in the hot oil and allow to fry.
- Turn the pieces from side to side until the outer sides are crispy or brown as desired.
- Fried chicken can be enjoyed on its own with a chilled drink or with almost all staples and rice recipes.