Fried rice is my personal favourite and also the favourite of guests at parties. Children also love this meal!
- Rice, 4 cups
- Vegetable oil, 2-3 cooking spoons
- Chicken or Meat broth
- Liver, 0.5 kg, chopped
- Green Pepper, chopped
- Cabbage, 1 medium sized ball, chopped
- Carrot, 2 to 3 medium size, chopped
- Onions, 2 to 3 bulbs, chopped
- Green beans, 4-6 stalks, chopped
- Green peas, one-half cup, chopped
- Curry powder, one-half teaspoon
- Seasoning, chicken flavour, 2 cubes
- Salt to taste
- To obtain the broth, cook meat with salt, onion, seasoning, curry, thyme. Natural fluids from the meat will collect in the pot. You may also add some water. Remove meat and pour out the spicy broth.
- Heat two cooking spoons of vegetable oil in a pot. Add onion, carrot, and green beans. Stir and allow to fry for 2 minutes. Add some curry powder, the green pepper, and the chopped cabbage.
- Next, add the chopped liver and the meat broth. Stir very well.
- Taste the mixture and add salt and seasoning as appropriate.
- Lastly, add the washed rice, stir the mixture thoroughly. Cover the pot and allow to cook over medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy fried rice as whole dish. It can also be served with dodo or salad. Fried Rice is sometimes served along with Jollof rice in parties- half of both side by side on the same plate.