Okra and leafy vegetable is a delicious variant of okra soup.
- Okra, 12 heads, grated
- Onion, 1 big bulb, chopped
- Palm Oil, one-half cup
- Ugwu, 2 bunches, finely chopped
- Chili peppers, 4 heads, chopped
- Seasoning, 1-2 cubes
- Salt to taste
- Heat palm oil in a pot.
- Add the chopped onions allow to fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Next, add the grated okra, chopped pepper, seasoning, and salt to taste.
- Add the chopped ugwu leaves, pour in 2 cups of water, and stir thoroughly.
- Cover the pot and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Your soup is ready when the okra and chopped ugwu have a thick consistency.
- Enjoy with staples such as eko, fufu, eba, amala, and iyan (pounded yam) or even boiled rice!