Here’s another popular maize staple from Northern Nigeria.
- Milled Corn Flour
- Boil 3 to 4 cups of water in a small pot.
- Pour in the corn flour gently, allowing the quantity poured in to form a smooth paste before you add more dry corn flour.
- Stir continuously until you get a thick, rounded paste.
- Now add a little water and cover the pot. The water should be about half a cup or just enough to allow the food to simmer over low heat for about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Uncover the pot and stir the content thoroughly until smooth.
- Your Tuwo Masara is ready to eat. Best served and enjoyed with Ogbono soup, Okra soup and other Nigerian soups as desired.