Yam Pottage is a popular meal both within and outside Africa.
- 1 tuber of yam
- 1 onion, large
- 1 teaspoon of fresh or dried pepper
- 5 tablespoons of palm oil
- 2 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- Sliced vegetables (green/ugwu leaf)
- 1 smoked fish (optional)
Peel the yam, cut it into cubes or as desired
Wash the yam 2 or more times to remove dirts
Put into a pot, add water to the same level of the yam, add salt, cover and cook for 20 minutes
Check the tenderness of the yam with a fork.
Add palmoil, sliced onions, pepper, seasoning cube, cray fish, smoked fish
- Allow to boil for few minutes.
- Stir together till liquid thickens.
- Its ready to serve.