Zobo is a refreshing drink best enjoyed chilled. Nutritionists assert its health benefit as a good source of antioxidants, calcium, and Vitamin C. It has a brightly coloured appearance, appealing taste and so refreshing!
- Dried hibiscus flowers (Sorrel or Roselle), 2 cups
- Sugar, 2 – 4 tablespoons
- Cucumber, 1 head, sliced
- Rinse the dried flowers in water.
- Boil water in a pot. Add the dried hibiscus flowers.
- Remove from the heat and let the flowers soak for ten minutes.
- Sieve out the flowers to separate from the reddish fluid.
- Add the sugar and mix.
- Finally, add the cucumber slices and store in the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled.